Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Ok... I love the Dixie Chicks

Had a magnificant night on Friday when I went to see the Dixie Chicks for the first time ever at Burswood Dome. It was sooooooo good!! Absolutely adore these guys, and I am completely in awe of anyone who can sing and play instruments on stage the way they do! They played all of my absolute favourites, and for "Goodbye Earl" they had everyone pretty much rocking! It was fantastic!! Also of note is that they played the preview of a documentary "Shut up and Sing" http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0811136/ which looks absolutely brilliant. Even if you don't like country music I think you should see it.


They were supported by a guy called Pete Yorn from New Jersey. He was a pretty impressive act in his own right, but a bit up himself. He opened his performance with a bit of Springsteen which got him in my good books, and his songs were pretty good. Probalby worth checking out a bit further.

No comments: